7.28.2008

Tag, I'm It

After a trip back to NC, I come back to find I've been tagged by Trackosaurus... The Bicycle Blogger Chain Letter... If you could have any one-and only one- bike in the world, what would it be. Reynolds 531 track bike with a derailleur hanger. Do you already have that coveted dream bike? If so, is it everything you hoped it would be? If not, are you working toward getting it? If you're not working toward getting it, why not? I have a beautiful Merckx that a friend sold to me for the price of an IRO or a Surly frameset. It's a great bike and fits me perfectly. That with my Surly and my Hollands roadie, I'm set for a bit. If you had to choose one — and only one — bike route to do every day for the rest of your life, what would it be, and why? Well, I'm assuming it has to be in the city where I currently reside. I would ditch my current route all together because it's too stressful. Honestly, I love riding the West Side Bike Path up to Harlem in the early morning or colder months. Anytime when the seasonal cyclists are at home. That or maybe the ride to Ft. Tilden... What kind of sick person would force another person to ride one and only one bike ride to to do for the rest of her / his life? The author of this bike-blogger chain letter... Do you ride both road and mountain bikes? If both, which do you prefer and why? If only one or the other, why are you so narrowminded? I rode mountain bikes when I lived in North Cak and I also rode road bikes. I'd prefer a road bike because it's a more efficient mode of transportation. We've all seen people riding downhill and mountain bikes up bridges and down the streets of our City. Shit's not fun... Have you ever ridden a recumbent? If so, why? If not, describe the circumstances under which you would ride a recumbent. Yes, a friend had one. Have you ever raced a triathlon? If so, have you also ever tried strangling yourself with dental floss? I'd rather be doing tricks. At this point in my life, just riding my bike with friends is enough fun. I don't need to train for anything to feel a sense of accomplishment. Suppose you were forced to either give up ice cream or bicycles for the rest of your life. Which would you give up, and why? Ice cream. I'm lactose intolerant anyway. What is a question you think this questionnaire should have asked, but has not? Also, answer it. Do you dope? No. You’re riding your bike in the wilderness (if you’re a roadie, you’re on a road, but otherwise the surroundings are quite wilderness-like) and you see a bear. The bear sees you. What do you do? Yell "He's coming right for us" and open fire. Now, tag three biking bloggers. List them below. Bike Blog Urban Velo Bootleg Sessions Now who's gonna tell them for me?

1 comment:

Alan Sikirić said...

Hey, I tagged you first! Those trackosaurus fuckers!! Duh, whatever.. Thanks for the link to that bitchin' ALAN carbon jammy BTW!