4.16.2008

Rootbeer pt 2

So I've made a few updates to my Casati Monza. After determining that the previous owner of my C Record cranks had mounted them to a JIS spindle bottom-bracket, I had to switch to a Japitalian setup; Campy cubs and a Shimano spindle. I know I know... I don't wanna hear it! I also got ahold of a set of 3TTT pista bars and a 1a stem. After wrapping them with cork, tying them and corking the ends, I put 3 coats of shellac on them. Came out nice. I learned a few new tricks from doing it on the last setup. I figured that I'd use the Salsa for the track and keep this as the preferred option. Oh and the Flite is for comfort... Next weekend is opening season at Kissena and I can't wait!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Just a head's up for you: Monza has nothing to do with a model name, it's just the city where Casati is based.

Prolly said...

To my knowledge there were three Casati lines "Goldline" (the high end ones with the stay caps cut out, Chronex and "Monza" (the mid-line frames with less hand finishing)...

Goldlines used SLX or SPX tubing. True that both frames have Monza decals on them but the more mass-produced frames with less hand finishing have been referred to as "Monza" for quite some time.

Anonymous said...

no grindwheel bashguard riserspokecard hip hop themed street vibe homey? how you gonna drop the mad skidmarks down at the session on that italian sandwhich?

Prolly said...

I don't do "skids".

This is for track season "homey"...

Unknown said...

Huh, good to know. I have a Gold Line roadie, and had always assumed that the "Monza" was just about the city. Either way, nice bike!

Anonymous said...

Tim is the resident castai expert, i know this, aside from that nice ass laquer job on the bars man, pure class