5.02.2006

Momentum

Newtons first law of motion states that "Every object in a state of uniform motion tends to remain in that state of motion unless an external force is applied to it." In my case that external force was a cab and the object in motion was my bike and I. I was cruising down Park Ave South just north of Union square when a cab ran a red light and hit me while I was riding my new bike. Luckily for me, all the years of skateboarding taught me how to fall without sustaining any major injuries. My bike however didn't manage maintain this learned behavior. My front wheel was completely bent into a taco shell and [hopefully] there aren't any major structural damages to the frame. I wish I had my camera on me, it was a rather ridiculous scene. Blood was running down my arm from my hand, my arms were scraped up, I lost a shoe and my bike was laying on the ground all disheveled. Luckily for me, a few messengers had came by and we able to scope out Domino and make sure he was ok [after they looked at my fingers]... In my state of anger at the cab driver, I didn't get his license number. As far as I could tell, I had not major injuries and kicking his door panel in was enough of a penalty for running a red light in my mind. Other than that, this past weekend was a blast. I'm still catching up in iPhoto, so I'll post images when I can edit the pics. _j

No comments: